The HP HOOPSTER was conceived and designed by elite, bi-lateral, amputee athlete Hector Picard. TRS refined Hector’s original model, under his guidance, to make it more versatile to meet the needs of a broader audience. *May be available for direct purchase*
• A stiff but flexible, polymer, dual surface “hoop”, which captures the shape and size of a basketball perfectly. Dorsal and ventral (palmer) ball control surfaces.
• Provides surfaces to dribble and expertly handle the ball on the court surface then simultaneously flip the ball up for shots.
• Built-in stabilizing “heel” to help capture the ball quickly for greater speed and accuracy in handling the ball and shooting.
• Pre-positionable, lockable, wrist angle mechanism optimizes the terminal device’s wrist “extension” angle, to suit the user’s specific needs and functional capability.
• Lightweight at only 6 ounces (170 gms)
• Useful for teenagers through adults and both below elbow and long above elbow hand absence.
All TRS products, including videos, parts and accessories are available from professional, certified prosthetic facilities. Additionally certain medical clinics and rehabilitation hospitals have prosthetic departments through which TRS technology is available.
Persons interested in comprehensive prosthetic service and care should always utilize the services of a certified prosthetist. Prosthetic facilities handle the coordination of your personal health insurance coverage, conduct billing for services and facilitate “Clinical Trials and Field Evaluations” of TRS products. Importantly these facilities and professionals ensure that your prosthetic technology and hardware is totally compatible, properly installed and aligned for optimal operation. TRS can help with referrals to certified prosthetic facilities that are familiar with TRS technology, in your area.
TRS DIRECT — 1.800.279.1865
TRS offers direct limited retail sales to consumers on specialized products (Listed below). Sports and recreational products and accessories and specific replacement parts are available directly from TRS. TRS does not bill insurance companies and all sales under this program are final. Products sold under this TRS Direct program cannot be returned. TRS accepts MasterCard and VISA payments.
Products available Directly from TRS
Grand Slam Baseball Bat Adapter
Hi Fly Fielder and Jr.
Pinch Hitter Baseball Bat Adapter
Freestyle Swim Device
Amp-U-Pod Camera Adapter
Hustler Pool Accessory
Musical Adapters (Guitar/Violin /Drums)
Slap Shot Hockey devices
Black Iron Master & Trainer
Rebound Basketball Accessory
Criterium Bicycle Handlebar Adapter
Single-Handed Bike Brake Lever
Kahuna Surf & Swim T.D.
Hammerhead Kayak T.D.
Replacement GRIP 3 Fingers/Gripping Surfaces
GRIP Device Rebuild/Reconditioning Services
Stump Socks and Liners
Custom Product Development services:1.800.279.1865
TRS products are available in Canada through a distribution arrangement with Myrdal Orthopedic Technologies (MOT) of Winnipeg, Manitoba. MOT serves prosthetic and orthotic facilities throughout Canada and stocks a broad variety of TRS products. MOT coordinates the “Customs Clearance” required on prosthetic goods imported into Canada.
TRS shipping is closed on the last two business days in June and December for inventory purposes. All orders received on those days will be processed after inventory is complete on the first business day in July and January.